Aluminum Premiums Outlook Update (October 12, 2021)
1. US BILLET ALERT. MG & SI CRISIS HITS US BILLET: Crisis has increased billet casting cost by as much as... cent/lb in just four months (From October 7).
2. US PFA ALERT. 2022 PFA NEGOTIATIONS RESUME: PFA consumers are now digesting next year’s silicon price adjustments (From October 6).
3. US MW PREMIUM ALERT. ANTITRUST REVIEW REQUESTED: US lawmakers want the DOJ to review concentration of power and antitrust behavior in aluminum premiums (From October 11).
4. EUROPE SLAB & BILLET ALERT. ANOTHER FORCE MAJEURE: Alcoa’s San Ciprian declares FM in a letter to customers (From October 5).
5. HARBOR FIRST ALERT. Almexa and Rusal America sign long-term green/low-carbon primary slab contract (From October 6).
6. EUROPE WIRE ROD UPDATE. SPIKING SPOT AND 2022 PREMIUMS: 2022 EC contract rod premiums jumping as high as... euros (From October 7).
7. EUROPE WIRE ROD UPDATE. RISING PREMIUMS: European EC rod spot premiums jump to as high as... euros amid strong demand (From October 1).
8. EUROPEAN BILLET UPDATE. ANOTHER BLACK SWAN?: European billet production could decline... kmtpy amid energy crisis at a time when supply is already short. Q1 contracts up to $... per mton (From October 8). To read our full European Billet Market Intel and Premiums assessment, please see our specialized European Billet Intelligence Report.