LME price falls to one-week lows after SHFE reopens with losses
January 30, 2023
ALERT! – EUROPE SLAB.
1. LME price extends decline below $... per mton with stronger trading volumes, ongoing demand concerns, and key economic data to be released later this week.
2. China’s aluminum prices resume trading with losses; six-month trading range prevails.
3. RERUN: SPECIAL ANALYSIS! Q&A: The recent LME price spike and our view of what’s ahead.
For more details, please see HARBOR Special Analysis “Q&A: The Recent LME Price Spike and Our View of What’s Ahead” released last Friday.
4. ALERT! – EUROPE SLAB. SOFT Q1: European slab demand subdued at the start of the year.
5. LME Cash–3M contango continues to approach break-even levels for cash-and-carry deals.