LME prices close at one-week low, US dollar spikes; EU sets hefty antidumping duties on Chinese extrusions
1. LME prices face further selling after failing to break above key resistance level, while US dollar spikes (bearish commodities).
2. SHFE aluminum prices down and nearing technical support.
3. LME Cash–3M contango widens above $25 per mton, supportive of cash-and-carry deals.
4. EUROPEAN BILLET UPDATE. DEFINITIVE DUTIES SET: EU announces final antidumping duties on Chinese-origin extrusions imports.
5. RERUN: US IMPORTS ALERT. DELAYED AGAIN: US import monitoring system implementation postponed to June.
6. RERUN: US ACR SCRAP ALERT. HIGHER ALUMINUM COPPER RADIATOR (ACR) PRICES: Domestic and export markets push for prompt volume. For more details, please subscribe to our specialized US and Mexico Aluminum Scrap Intelligence Report.
More details in full report.