US & Mexico Weekly Scrap Report (February 26, 2021)
USA MARKET COMMENTARY
1. SECONDARY PRICES AT 6-YEAR HIGHS: US A380 spot prices jump to as high as $... USD per lb.
2. ASIA IS BACK… AND TWITCH PRICES JUMP. US twitch units heading to Malaysia.
3. THE HUNGER SCRAP GAMES: Increased demand for prompt EC 1350 scrap
4. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SCRAP: Buyers continue to narrow spreads for prompt loads of primary scrap.
MEXICAN MARKET COMMENTARY
1. UP & UP: Mexico’s A380 prices spike to $... USD/lb.
2. SCRAP CHAIN DISRUPTED: Payment issues worsening in Mexico´s secondary market.
3. BULLISH PRESSURE: Export UBC prices pushing up the domestic market.
More details in full report.