US & Mexico Weekly Scrap Report (October 15, 2021)
USA MARKET COMMENTARY
1. HARDENERS’ CRISIS HITS OLD SHEET PRICES: Clean old sheet prices moving up with domestic and export demand.
2. TIGHTENING 5182 SCRAP SPREADS: Demand for scrap units increases amid Si & Mg crisis.
3. SILICON CRISES PUSHES UP SCRAP WHEELS PRICES: Demand for clean A356 scrap wheels for both prompt and next month delivery intensifies.
MEXICAN MARKET COMMENTARY
1. EXTRUSION SCRAP PRICES UP AGAIN: Clean, Painted and RSI 6063 pressured up.
2. UBC’s HOT MARKET: Domestic buyers now competing for UBC units.
3. SCRAP MARKET CONCENTRATION: Large scrap dealers outbidding smaller players amid skyrocketing working capital needs.
More details in full report.