LME prices up 3.7% w/w; US billet premiums at record highs; HARBOR launches new European Green/Low-Carbon Aluminum Slab Upcharge
1. LME prices confirm bullish momentum, getting closer to $... per mton target.
2. US BILLET ALERT. NEW RECORDS: US spot billet premium jumps to... cent/lb.
3. EUROPEAN P1020 ALERT. TRADING SIDEWAYS: European P1020 premiums hold still at multi-year highs.
4. EUROPEAN SCRAP MARKET. EUROPE'S SECONDARY HEADED TO THE US: Secondary ingot arriving to the US from South Europe. To see our full market intel on the European scrap market, please subscribe to our specialized Europe Scrap Intelligence Report.
5. EUROPEAN BILLET UPDATE. LESS VOLUME AVAILABLE FOR Q2: Latest Q2 billet contracts at $... per mton. To see our full European Billet Market Intel and Premiums assessment, please subscribe to our specialized European Billet Intelligence Report.
6. EUROPEAN ROLLING MILL ALERT. SOLD OUT: European rolling mills face booming demand. For more details, please subscribe to our specialized Aluminum Rolled Products Intelligence Report.
7. HARBOR FIRST ALERT. HARBOR ANNOUNCES NEW European Green/Low-Carbon Aluminum Slab (1xxx, 3xxx, 5xxx Series) Annual Upcharge!
8. ALERT! GREEN ALUMINUM MONITOR: Can industry is serious about aluminum sustainability.
9. LME Cash–3M contango holds near zero on steep Cash-March backwardation.
10. The Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE) was closed due to the weeklong Lunar New Year holiday. Trading will resume on Thursday, February 18.