LME prices could move sharply in the sessions ahead; US premiums rally across the board; China’s export attractiveness improves
1. US MW PREMIUM ALERT. BACKWARDATION CAN’T STOP RALLY: MW premium rises to... cent/lb.
2. US BILLET ALERT. SKYROCKETS: US spot billet premiums gap up to... cent/lb.
3. EUROPEAN BILLET UPDATE. HIGHER STILL: European spot bill premiums jump to $... per mton. To see our full European Billet Market Intel and Premiums assessment, please subscribe to our specialized European Billet Intelligence Report.
4. LME price faces growing odds of sharp move in next sessions.
5. LME Cash–January tightness eases but January–February backwardation continues to steepen.
6. FLAT-ROLLED PRODUCTS ALERT. CHINA’S EXPORT ARBITRAGE WIDENS: Flat-rolled product exports from China could bounce back soon as arbitrage window widens to a nine-month high.
7. China’s aluminum prices maintain technical support at a two-month low.
More details in full report.