LME price falls but still above $... per mton; Slovalco smelter at the brink of closure
1. LME prices fall to new thirteen-month lows but remain inside key support zone of $... per mton.
2. China’s aluminum prices down to fifteen-month lows.
3. ALERT! – EUROPEAN BILLET & PFA. AT RISK: Slovalco smelter could shut down amid challenging market conditions.
4. ALUMINA PRICE ALERT. BEARISHNESS PAUSES: Cutbacks in China and Europe stop alumina price decline for now.
For more details, please subscribe to HARBOR’s Alumina Intelligence Report.
5. LME Cash–3M contango widens, but spread tightness persists into Q4 (unsupportive for P1020 spot premiums).