US & Mexico Weekly Scrap Report (September 24, 2021)
USA MARKET COMMENTARY
1. OLD SHEET EXPORT PRICES JUMP. Offshore homes pushing hard for old sheet units.
We can confirm offshore homes are quoting loads of old sheet at... cent/lb delivered to various US ports for prompt delivery...
2. UP DESPITE OTHERS FALLING: Strong export and domestic demand supporting ACR scrap prices.
US buyers of ACR scrap units have raised their pricing to between... USD/lb delivered to most US locations. This comes after...
MEXICAN MARKET COMMENTARY
1. MORE EXPENSIVE THAN PRIME: Clean 6063 scrap selling above P1020 price levels in Mexico.
Clean 6063 scrap is now trading at the consumer level at the equivalent to... USD/lb (VAT retained, included or embedded) as secondary billet producers and RSI makers continue to fight for these units...
2. RISING UBC PRICES: UBC prices up at the consumer and scrap dealer level.
UBC prices at the consumer level in Mexico stand at... cent/lb picked up Northeast Mexico amid higher MWTP (LME + MW duty-paid premium) in the US...
3. SKYROCKETING SILICON: Chinese suppliers doubling again their offered prices.
Offered prices jump again. Silicon prices offered by Chinese suppliers increased this week to a high as... per mton CIF Mexican port (no transactions confirmed yet).
More details in full report.