LME price struggles to extend rally; Novelis introduces low-carbon brand for aluminum coils
1. LME price faces fresh selling above $3,500 per mton amid no export or production disruptions; geopolitical uncertainty and fear of supply disruptions remain psychologically bullish.
2. China’s aluminum prices face selling pressure after testing two-week high yesterday.
3. LME Cash–3M contango narrows further to new two-week low, as tightness after April prevails.
4. GREEN ALUMINUM ALERT. NEW GREEN BRAND: Novelisintroduces AL:sust, aluminum coils with at least 80% recycled content.
5. ALERT! – ALUMINA PRICES. BULLISH PSYCHOLOGY: Alumina supply chain jitters may take prices toward $600 per mton even without smelting disruptions.