LME price falls further and approaches $... per mton; New smelter in Indonesia confirmed
1. LME prices decline further within $... per mton predominant trading range, as HARBOR anticipated.
2. China’s aluminum prices continue to test one-week lows.
3. RERUN: ALERT! – MORE SMELTING CAPACITY COMING. CONFIRMED-NEW SMELTER: Nanshan confirms plans to build a smelter in Indonesia.
4. UPDATE! – WORLD SMELTING PRODUCTION COST. FALLING FURTHER: World aluminum smelting cost dropped at the steepest y/y pace in almost... years.
For details on world aluminum smelting cost trends and figures, subscribe to HARBOR’s “Aluminum Smelting Cost” report.
5. LME Cash–3M contango widens as May-June backwardation eases slightly