LME price challenges key resistance level; MW P1020 premium bull run pauses; Ardagh’s Can business could go public
1. LME prices reached December’s intraday high of $... per mton.
2. US MW PREMIUM ALERT. PROFIT TAKING: MW P1020 premium pauses amid profit-taking.
3. ALUMINUM CAN ALERT. CAN BUSINESS COULD GO PUBLIC: Ardagh considering spin-off of beverage can business.
4. LME Cash–3M contango tightens on highly concentrated shorts and low availability of warrants ahead of March.
5. The Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE) was closed due to the weeklong Lunar New Year holiday. Trading will resume on Thursday, February 18.