LME rally pauses amid profit taking; Mexico’s imported billet volumes fall to fifteen-month lows on domestic casthouse expansions
1. LME prices trim gains on profit taking, after reaching five-month highs on Monday; still targeting $1,940 per mton.
2. LME Cash–3M contango narrows from three-month highs but remains supportive for global premiums.
3. MEXICO BILLET ALERT. Captive billet production in Mexico expands farther, imported billet volumes fall to fifteen-month lows.
4. HARBOR’s Implicit Green Aluminum Upcharge assessed today at zero.
5. China’s aluminum prices remain capped below three-month highs.
More details in full report.