March's LME price decline is the sharpest in eight years; NZAS to idle one potline in New Zealand
1. LME prices experience the biggest monthly plunge in eight years, closing March below $... per mton.
2. LME Cash–3M contango widens amid a swelling surplus of metal. Spread remains nearly the widest in four years.
3. ALUMMINUM PRODUCTION UPDATE. NZAS to idle one primary aluminum potline in New Zealand; smelter’s long-term future not yet decided.
4. MEXICO ALERT. Mexico's demand set to decline sharply amid halt of non-essential business activities.
5. China’s aluminum prices close March just above key technical level; end-user demand data somewhat supportive.
More details in full report.