LME prices approach the $2,100 per mton mark; Closed window for ROW P1020 exports to China
1. LME prices approached fresh two-year highs and then faced profit-taking selling.
2. P1020 & FLAT-ROLLED PRODUCTS ALERT. CHINESE ARBITRAGE CLOSES: LME price rally shuts window for P1020 exports to China but makes Chinese exports of aluminum products more attractive.
3. US ROLLING MILL ALERT. AB Inbev sells 49.9% stake in US metal container plants. For more details, please subscribe to our specialized Aluminum Rolled Products Intelligence Report.
4. CME MW duty-paid premium financials rise again; more upside seen towards... cent/lb seen.
5. Tight LME nearby spreads remains bearish for spot premiums, Jan–Feb backwardation eases to a two-week low.
6. China’s aluminum prices continue to find technical support near... yuan per mton ($... per mton, excluding VAT).
More details in full report.