LME decides not to ban nor restrict Russian metal
1. ALERT! – LME PRICE. LME price spikes expecting ban on Russia, LME decides not to.
2. ALERT! – LME DECISION ON RUSSIAN METAL. NO BAN: LME decides not to ban nor restrict Russian metal, as HARBOR anticipated.
3. ALERT! – US ALUMINUM. US revokes Russia’s market economy status.
4. ALERT! – USA PFA. WEAKNESS: US PFA offshore imports and upcharges under pressure.
5. ALERT! – EUROPEAN BILLET. NOW at $... : Q1 contractual premiums into the $... -per-mton range already.
To see our full European Billet Market Intel and Premiums assessment, please subscribe to HARBOR’s specialized European Billet Intelligence Report.
6. ALERT! – EUROPEAN SCRAP. NO NEED: Consumers pushing scrap deliveries to as far as Q2 2023, as demand plunge continues.
For more details, please subscribe to HARBOR’s specialized Europe Scrap Intelligence Report.
7. ALERT! – US SCRAP. ON DEMAND: Discounts narrow for clean A356 auto wheels as demand increases.
For more details, please subscribe to HARBOR’s specialized US and Mexico Aluminum Scrap Intelligence Report.
8. China’s aluminum price reaches expected resistance levels.
9. LME Cash–3M contango widens further to two-week highs, but tight conditions persist after December.