LME price outlook supported by decline in Fear index; HARBOR now reporting European 4xxx slab spot premiums
1. LME prices hover around $... per mton as VIX/Fear Index confirms decline below key threshold.
2. EUROPEAN P1020 ALERT. Rotterdam premium down amid tight LME spreads; strike continues at the Port of Bilbao.
3. EUROPE SLAB ALERT. SLAB PREMIUMS UNCHANGED despite strengthening demand and tightening supply. HARBOR now reporting 4xxx series spot premiums.
4. US ROLLING MILL UPDATE. FINAL DECISION POSTPONED on AD duties for Indonesian and Romanian common alloy sheet. For more details, please subscribe to our specialized Aluminum Rolled Products Intelligence Report.
5. BRAZIL ROLLING MILL ALERT. COIL TIGHTNESS HITS BRAZIL: Shipment delays starting to affect distributors. For more details, please subscribe to our specialized Aluminum Rolled Products Intelligence Report.
6. LME Cash–3M contango widens sharply as November–January conditions ease further.
7. China’s aluminum prices nearing post-pandemic highs on demand optimism.
More details in full report.