LME price rebounds toward $2,000 per mton; US wire rod output up; Europe's secondary market rally pauses
1. LME price support prevails amid bounce toward $... per mton with strong volume.
2. US WIRE ROD ALERT. STRONG DEMAND: EC wire rod demand strong; US rod production up.
3. US EXTRUSION SCRAP ALERT. EXTRUSION SCRAP SHORTAGE: Tighter discounts for all types of extrusion scrap. For more details, please subscribe to our specialized US and Mexico Aluminum Scrap Intelligence Report.
4. US ALUMINUM COPPER RADIATORS (ACR) SCRAP ALERT. LOWER PRICES: ACR scrap prices down on cooling export demand. For more details, please subscribe to our specialized US and Mexico Aluminum Scrap Intelligence Report.
5. EUROPEAN SCRAP MARKET. SOFT PATCH: Europe's secondary market uptrend sees a pause. To see our full market intel on the European scrap market, please subscribe to our specialized Europe Scrap Intelligence Report.
6. HARBOR’s Green/Low-Carbon Aluminum Upcharge assessed at zero, threshold adjusted to 4.0 kg of CO2.
7. LME Cash–3M contango widens, but steep nearby backwardation persists (unsupportive for spot premiums).
8. China’s aluminum prices extend recovery from medium-term support level.
More details in full report.