LME price drops to a one-week low; Canadian exports to the US remained high in July
1. LME prices down... % to a one-week low as Fear/VIX Index climbs; technical support seen at the... per mton range.
2. US ALUMINUM UPDATE. Canadian exports of unalloyed aluminum to the US remained above historical levels just ahead of the US’ “fix” to the “Canadian problem.”
3. US ROLLING MILL ALERT. JW Aluminum to close cold-rolling Williamsport facility. For more details, please subscribe to our specialized US Flat Rolled Products Intelligence Report.
4. HARBOR’s Green Aluminum Upcharge assessed at zero.
5. LME Cash–3M contango remains supportive for P1020 premiums despite narrowing conditions ahead of October.
6. China’s aluminum prices test new two-week lows, approaching technical support levels.
More details in full report.