what is this aluminum outlook conference about?
This aluminum conference is designed for those that consider the aluminum industry and its outlook key to their business. This conference brings together the industryÂ´s most accurate analysts, leading experts and successful industry executives so they can share with you their most candid insight into what is moving the entire aluminum supply chain, what lies ahead for the market and its prices, and the latest intel on sourcing and hedging. This conference is a must for industry intelligence/knowledge, developing metal strategy (hedging/trading), business planning, and key networking.
HARBORÂ´s Aluminum Outlook Conference has become the largest industry conference in North America in terms of number of delegates. The profile of our delegates is unparalleled (which makes our conference a key networking event), as they come from the entire aluminum supply chain and as the bulk of them are purchasing, sales, finance, strategy and price risk management directors/VPs. Â
what you will get?
- Latest in-depth analysis on aluminumÂ´s raw materials, output, demand, scrap &Â financial flowÂ trends
- Open debate on the aluminum price and premium forecasts 2012-2015
- Understanding on how to read the aluminum market and respond accordingly
- Recommended hedging strategies
- Metal sourcing best practices
- Industry Networking
who should attend?
- Purchasing Managers
- Finance Directors
- Sales Executives
- Risk Managers
- Scrap Purchasing & Sales
- Industry Analysts
- Investment Strategists
- Strategic Business Planners
- Industry Association Members
- Government Agencies
- Kip Smith, Noranda, CEO & President
- Michael Lewis, Deutsche Bank, Head of Commodities Research
- Mike Tanchuk, Ormet Corp, CEO
- Jorge VĂˇzquez, HARBOR, Senior Vice President Aluminum Intelligence
- Erwin Mayr, Â Novelis, SVP, Chief Strategy and Commercial Officer
- Mark Liinamaa, Â Morgan Stanley, Executive Director Equity Research
- Tom Schabel, Alexandria Extrusion Co, CEO and Owner
- Jason Schenker, Prestige Economics, President/Chief Economist
- Greg Wittbecker, Alcoa, Vice President Materials Management
- David Wilson, Societe Generale, Director Metals Research
- Xiong Hui, Antaike, Senior Aluminum Scrap and Secondary Aluminum Analyst
- Lilian Luca,The Beijing Axis, Managing Director: Beijing Axis Procurement
- Paul Adkins, AZ China, Managing Director
- Lisa Reisman, Metal Miner, Managing Director US
- Paul Smith, Mobius Risk Group LLC, Chief Risk Officer
- Bobby David, B. David and Co, LLC, President
- James King, HARBOR, Senior Vice President Aluminum Strategies
- Felix Sanz Yeboles, Yeb Market Intelligence, Managing Director
2011 Main Topics
1 Aluminum price and premium forecasts 2012-2015: understanding the different views experts have
2 More metal tightness ahead or a trap for bulls?
3 Successful aluminum hedging strategies in 2010: What changes for 2011-2013?
4 Secondary aluminum: Growing scrap tightness, shrinking spreads, industry outlook
5 Aluminum ETF's and financing deals: A structural change for the market or latest fad?
6 Aluminum raw materials latest intel and outlook (energy, carbon products and alumina)
7 Latest intelligence out from China: Macroeconmic outlook, government policy, raw materials, primary aluminum imports, scrap demand, FRP and Extrusion exports
8 Update on best aluminum sourcing practices
9 Outlook for cars, construction and cans: Emerging Markets vs Developed Markets
10 Latin America aluminum booming demand vs underdelivery by supply